Friday, September 13, 2013

An Ode


This is a mug Alex recently decorated and it was sold at Dragon Con


This morning my friend Ruth threw out a challenge for those of us participating in a daily creative practice to write an ode.

This was inspired by Melissa's  fabulous ode to leopard print panties :) 

Pretty sure I didn't live up to the leopard print panties (but who could!!) but here goes:





My Morning Tea

The first sip equals heaven here on Earth
Flavor bursting forth in my sleepy mouth
The perfect blend of raw honey and caffeine
Coursing through my body
Challenging my neurons to fire and awaken
Deeply breathing in the warm aroma  
Infusing each breath with the possibilities of the new day

1 comment:

  1. Yes to flavor bursting in my sleepy mouth! A lovely heart-warming, cheery ode!

    ReplyDelete