Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Chasing the Sunrise

Dear friends,

One of the many things I love about this time of year are the sunrises.  This morning I was writing my morning pages and I peeked out my back deck and caught a glimpse of deep pink.  

Heading out to chase the sunrise.

I got so excited and I KNEW I had to see this sunrise!  I realized as I threw my sweater and boots on and grabbed my keys that I had not sought out a prime vantage point for watching the sunrise since we moved this summer.  What?  How can this be?  We are lucky enough to live in a tree filled area with hills so sometimes the sunrise/sunset can be elusive.


 
Pulled over to catch the colors
  
I called my good friend Shelly who's an award winning photographer and lives close to see if she had any special spots :)  Great thing she's also an early bird!

At the stop light



Shelly did not have any tried and true places but recommended due to time I head over towards the local park to at least cut out the "industrial" background.
Sunrise at Bunton Road Park

Sunrise 11/04/2014

Election signs & vote here signs guided my way into the park where I caught the last of the sunrise colors even though I couldn't actually find a spot high enough or clear enough to catch the actually breaking of the sun.


It was a beautiful start to this Tuesday where voting is one of the first things on my to-do list this morning.  However, I knew I better go home first and put on some undergarments I neglected in my rush out the door to catch the Sunrise!! :)

Have you ever felt the pull of nature so strong you just had to respond?  I'd love to hear your stories.

Wrapping you around with infinite love and beauty,

Christine

p.s. After my invigorating early morning adventure I sat down for Day 2 of the Meditation Experience - Loving starting my day this way!

Day 2

The Spirit of Desire

CENTERING THOUGHT

My desires make me feel alive.

SANSKRIT MANTRA

Rasa Hum
I am the essence of life.

 

10 comments:

  1. I love this....and yes, many times nature has pulled me out the door disheveled and most certainly missing some clothing fundamentals....LOL! My little Belle girl, who many times has to 'tinkle' before sunrise, has allowed me to witness falling stars, fabulously bright full moons, and to hear the playful call of the coyotes and hooting owls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie so glad to have a kindred spirit - isn't nature fabulous! I love listening to the birds talk and nature sing :)

      Delete
  2. I love that you did that! ... You must have felt wonderful afterwards. Yes I often feel a pull towards nature. Lucky that I live near lots of nature walks :) ... Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kama!! I feel very lucky to live near nature and get to experience it fully :) This weekend I head up into the mountains for some retreat time (*blissful sigh*)

      Delete
  3. Christine! What a wonderful adventure! I admire you so much for taking action on a chilly morning to go in pursuit of the sun! Thanks for sharing the photos and idea! You are so resourceful my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors in your photos are Sensational! Yes, I am a nature lover so I enjoy being surrounded by trees and lakes. People make fun of me because I am always commenting on this tree or that tree, but I don't care. I love to soak it all in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Elda! Trees are wonderful and this time of the year they really amaze me!! You keep on soaking it in :)

      Delete
  5. I love that you chased that sunrise! I have chased the sunset and it was exciting and even though I don't always catch the great shots, seeing it and the experience of dropping everything in search of that perfect spot is amazing and worth it every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is Michele :) Started out the day beautifully and it's amazing how that energy carries throughout!

      Delete