Sunday, November 30, 2014

Finishing the month laughing

Dear friends,

As November and the Thanksgiving holiday comes to a close I'm wrapping up a blogging challenge over at the Inspired Blogging Group hosted by Michele Bergh this month.

http://www.slowdownfast.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/thank-you.jpg

The challenge was to blog/post 20 times in the month of Nov. and this post makes 23 so Yahoo!

The past couple of days were filled with family and friends as we had some much needed time off for rest and relaxation.  

I realized today as I reflected that we had a blast playing games and laughing together.

We played Ellen's new game Head's Up which was hysterical!  We played it on Thanksgiving with new friends and several times just as a family - I highly recommend it!  One of the best parts is watching the videos of people doing charades - priceless!!

http://sweetspotstrategy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/bananagrams.jpgWe also played Bananagrams!!!!  One of my all time favorites.  As a word girl and super nerd I LOVE this game.  It helps that I've played a lot and am super fast - It's scrabble on speed!

The dice game Farkle also had a turn :) 

But I have to say this holiday I think my favorite was Settlers of Catan!!!  We had a great time at a dear friend's house playing, noshing on yummy homemade eggplant dip and building stuff!!

  

What did you do this past week that made you laugh?

Do you love games?  What are you favorites?  I'd love to know.

Wrapping you around with infinite love and laughter,

Christine

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing the challenge! I only got to #13 because I decided to do a Get More Sleep challenge (much needed) and I was too busy sleeping :) I love playing I spy.. with my kids, they come up with the most unexpected words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tat! We love I spy especially on road trips!! Yay for a Get More Sleep Challenge :)

      Delete
  2. What fun! My family was never into playing games so I have not heard of any of these (except of course the Ellen game- Heads Up). It sounds like a blast! Maybe I can ask some of my friends if they have those games and we could have a game night! Cool...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super fun Elda! I grew up playing games so I'm a fan - the trick is to finding ones you love and playing with people who are good sports :)

      Delete
  3. With my cousins over the weekend, I learned a couple fun, new games: Incan Gold (kind of Indiana Jones-ish with cards) and Survive (the goal is to get your people off a sinking island). The most fun we had, though, was playing Telestrations. I always laugh 'til I cry! Thanks for a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Heather - I will look those games up :) Telestrations sounds like it might be a bit like "Head's up." Love those games that make you laugh out loud and cry :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your many November posts! And sounds like you had a wonderful holiday weekend. Laughter makes for the best of times. I'm definitely a game lover, and I love word games best. I like doing jigsaw puzzles with groups as well - it's fascinating and funny to see each person's solving style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Deborah! You really get to know people when you play games with them :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a lot of fun! My boys used to love playing Risk. I remember playing for 3 days in a row one holiday ... and YAY for completing the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great time and congrats on doing so well in the challenge. We had family over for thanksgiving for the first time in years and I really enjoyed it. We played games as well. I'm looking forward to hosting more events in the upcoming years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Scattergories! Best of all my two love it as well. Sssshhhhh... don't tell them but I found a new version at our local Winners just the other day. Can't wait for them to open it on Christmas morning!

    ReplyDelete