Sunday, November 2, 2014

Creating a post to affirm the good

Dear friends,


"The world is but a canvas to our imagination"  Henry David Thoreau


Today's post is the start of a Nov. blogging challenge over at the Inspired Blogging Group.

I joined the challenge so I can get back into my blogging groove since my over scheduled  Fall put up some road blocks for daily writing.

I could tell you all about the challenges and struggles that I've been wrestling with the past 2 weeks but better yet as we say in Interplay I would like to affirm the good.

My life is full and messy and fun and here are a few of the things that make it so....


Recent Doodle - a quick DCP
I belong to a terrific FB group called the Daily Creative Practice  which was started and is facilitated by my friend +Hallelujah Truth.  

From DCP's page:


THE DAILY CREATIVE PRACTICE is a destination for anyone who is flexing their imaginative muscle with loving persistent daily dedication and wants to share results with other like-minded souls. Whether you are a visual artist, blogger, dancer, poet, lyricist, singer, musician, scientist, entrepreneur, teacher, yogi, knitter, philosopher, or peacemaker, your images, performances, writings, or thoughts are welcome here.


Daisies in my friend Sharon's front yard



The Daily Creative Practice (DCP) reminds me to create every day and look for the beauty around me.  It is a fun group made up of talented artists and creative people!  Even when I'm not posting everyday I am thinking about fun ways to be creative through blogging, photography, art and life!




A bee and flower from Sharon's yard


This year I have been training to become an InterPlay Leader and I have connected to the beautiful InterPlay Atlanta community.  We just celebrated 25 years of InterPlay last weekend and you can read all about it here:  Celebrating #InterPlay 25 .  In addition to the leadership training I've become a part of the newly formed SoulPrint Players an Atlanta InterPlay Performance group.  We had a terrific rehearsal yesterday as we prep for an upcoming performance. 


Ruth, Jennifer & I (Atlanta InterPlayers) photo by Sharon Levering



On the home front we are continuing to enjoy our new house and neighbors as we settle in and recover from the move.  We are finding ways to "art it up" and play with our space.


Joe adding planet symbols to the bricks in the fireplace :)

Relaxing on the front porch and enjoying the sunshine & shadows

We love backyard fires with family & friends
I am very grateful for all the amazing people I have in my life including my husband, Joe, and our two daughters.  They continue to grow and bloom.  





This week we attended Sammie's Fall Orchestra concert where she played the stand up Bass and the music was delightful! 







My teenager and I have both been working in a fun, local, paint you own pottery art studio owned by our friend, Ashley:  Eye Candy Art Studio.  I've loved connecting with downtown Duluth, GA in a different way and getting to experience the people, the artist and the musicians that often play next door!

One of the highlights of this week was meeting my friend Ruth, +Hallelujah Truth, in town for one of our bi-weekly sessions where we study InterPlay and play with the concepts we will be teaching.  This time we met at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens.

I hope you have a moment to enjoy this short, fun video Ruth compiled and edited from our time together as another way to celebrate #InterPlay25:

 




"The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls."

Pablo Picasso


Wrapping you around with infinite love and gratitude,

Christine

P.s.  This happens on Friday!!!  Squeeeee!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment