Friday, February 7, 2014

Creating Calm



This morning on the way back from dropping off the High School kids I stopped by Berkeley Lake.  I pass this lake daily and rarely do I stop.  It has recently filled back up after damn repairs which took almost 2 years and it's beauty and calm is calling.  It was 28 degrees when I got out of the warm mini van.   I walked  to the shore, took a deep breath, listening for a moment to the Canadian Geese honking and I watched one gracefully fly across the water.  It was a much needed moment of serenity.  This morning in the car 4 of the girls were talking about college.  Three are in 10th grade this year and one in 9th.  They have so many options now-a-days - one of their options is to go to college starting next year to earn dual credit.  The other passenger, Dakota, the lone male is a Senior this year and headed off to college next year.  I had a moment after I dropped them off where a tear, or two, leaked out.  I'm so proud of these kids and what amazing people they are and at the same time a part of me is sad and grieving how fast they are growing up and how fleeting our time is together.  So I took a moment.  To stop.  To give thanks by the water, which always calms me and send prayers of gratitude for my amazing life and how lucky I am.

Thank you for sharing this journey with me,

Christine

7 comments:

  1. Thank you Christine for sharing your feelings about the young people in your life and how they have become independent and grown into such fine young kids. It is a hard time when the babies fledge and leave the nest...Enjoy every moment of time with them and enjoy the serenity your stop at the beautiful lake has brought you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized when I re-read it that it sounds like I have 5 kids -lol!!! They all feel like mine for sure :)

      Delete
    2. They don't have to be yours to enjoy and miss them when they move on...:)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing. I needed that! Calm by proxy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is so wonderful that you took time to stop on a cold Friday morning and reflect. I appreciate your thoughts and beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth! I love having a camera on my phone :) It makes it so much easier!

      Delete