Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Creating a just in case list....

Carved a heart in the solid ice on our front deck


I have to confess I love being "stuck" in the house.  It's a mandatory time-out - yahoooo!!!  I've been seeing on facebook people already bored and stir crazy.  I think I've got several mores days before I get to that point especially since I like the down time to "be" and to dream.  I was thinking about what to do if the electricity goes out since I have a 16 yr old and an 11 yr old who will be in immediate electronic withdrawal and here is what I came up with. 


Just in case the electricity goes out during this ice storm here are some fun things to do with the family:

  • Charades
  • Creating Art - Painting, sketching, hand-building with clay
  • Make Home-Made Valentines
  • Reading a book that you hold in your hand
  • Board Games - Our favorites include Munchkin, Clue, Monopoly
  • Playing Cards - Our favorite-Canasta
  • Catching up on the chores at the end of the to-do list - specifically sorting the sock drawer :)
  • Decluttering/Sorting if you feel the need to be productive
  • Meditating
  • Yoga
  • A fitness competition - who can do the most push ups, the most planks, the most sit-ups etc.
  • A sing-a-long
  • A Dance Off
  • Interplay
  • Writing Poems and/or journaling
  • Taking pictures of the beautiful birds against the winterscape
  • Dreaming, dreaming and more day dreaming
  • Napping
  • Tell stories around the fireplace
  • Pretend you're in the arctic and build forts/tents in the living room 
  • Drumming circle
  • Making fun lists of things you want to do
  • Create a scavenger hunt
  • Write letters to friends/family
What would you add to the list?

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a fun list you have...even the sorting and decluttering will be fun with you...and I love the read a book that you can hold in your hand...not many do that any more...read or hold it in your had both...I love this list...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite is reading a real book in a hot bath - we didn't lose our power but anyway I could read by candlelight :)

      Delete
  2. I wish I could come over, put my pajamas on and play any game, dance, make Valentine's cards with you....hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete