Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Creating Day 10 - Cultivating a life worth loving


Living life on auto-pilot can feel disorienting and dull. How did you cultivate a life worth loving during 2013?

How can you turn off your auto-pilot button in 2014?

Wow!  Loving these daily prompts and the things they get me thinking about.

How did I cultivate a life worth loving during 2013?  

I co-created it.  Consciously.  I don't know if we called them resolutions, goals or manifesting last year but what I do remember were several things on the lists that have come true this year like:

Laugh more!

Joe and I made a point to seek out laughter in our lives.  We shared funny videos with each other, we went out to see comedians on our date nights and we've dressed up in costumes for several events and had a blast together!



Joe and I helping lead my girl scout troop at the Fall festival parade :)


 Another thing that happened this year was we took a look at things that had been on "our list" for a while and seriously asked ourselves why they weren't happening.  Art Nights are a good example.  This was something I had been wanting to create since we moved to Georgia (7 years ago) but hadn't done it due to time, other events, etc.  So this year we did it!  We hosted Art Night once a month (and yes we missed a couple of months) where friends, neighbors and family gathered with the sole purpose of creating.  No judgement was allowed just fun, creativity and yummy soup.

My awesome friend Liz toting her supplies in for Art night :)

One of the things I know about myself is that in order for something to manifest I must write it down.  So this year I feel like I did a better job of meditating on what I wanted to c0-create and then writing it down.  Whether that be in my journal &/or on my calendar.  I know it seems so simple but for me if it doesn't get put on the calendar there is a high probability it's not happening.

Sammie with her new wall art last month :)


So using my calendar is going to be one way I'm going to be off auto-pilot in 2014 (which seems counter-intuitive since the routine stuff can put us in such a zone).  I'm already thinking and planning about some fun adventures and people dates that can be "inked" in to nurture my soul :)

Namaste,

Christine

P.s. Cultivating a life worth loving includes connections and my relationships.  This short video based on
Brené Brown's work just came out today and is well worth a peek :)
  




 



6 comments:

  1. I love the life you are creating for yourself and your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always learn something from reading your posts. You are so good at manifesting what you want to happen. I need more of that in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth - It's been an ongoing "practice" for years - I'm happy to share what I've learned with you :)

      Delete
  3. I love the way your calendar and journal helped keep you on track! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Kat :) It's important for me to remember to use the tools that work in my life - too many times I can be distracted-like a butterfly flitting on to something else when the flower I was at/on has all I need :)

      Delete