Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Creating Spring Break 2014 - last Wed.

Dear friends,

Last Wed. the Gautreaux Gang + 2 of Alex's best friends set out on an epic adventure.  

The goal = New York City.  Alex was the precipitous for this trip - One of her favorite boy bands - BAP was playing in NYC at the Best Buy Concert Venue during spring break and she was over the moon excited to buy tickets and go to her first concert ever!

We were on the road by 7 and a beautiful Sunrise greeted us as we left town



We went through GA, SC, NC, VA, W-VA and land in PA for the night - I think this pick was taken in Virginia!

Yes - we were totally cheesy tourist during parts of the trip much to the 16 yr old's dismay!



 It took us about 14 hours to get to Allentown, PA where we stopped for the night - due to some construction and an accident we had to detour.  We were delighted to see part of the country we hadn't seen before.  The Shenandoah valley in VA was amazing and the red barns and silos and rolling green hills in PA were idealistic to look at (even though I grew up on a small farm and know how much work happens there).  It was a good start to our trip.  The weather was beautiful, the kids were excited and we love road trips!

Wrapping you around with infinite love and joy,

Christine

6 comments:

  1. wow - to do to NYC for your first concert - and go by car!!! what an adventure. I have driven to DC - and yes the Shenandoah Valley is beautiful. I think it would be fun to take a road trip - take is slowly - and really see the countryside - but only if someone else is driving!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vickie - It was for sure a life expanding trip ;)

      Delete
  2. Great trip. The Shenandoah Valley is so very fine. Glad you didn't take Wrong Turn West Virginia. PA beautiful too. What fabulous parenting, driving your kid to NY with friends to their first concert AND NYC. I suspect she's a kid who says behind your back, My parents are awesome. Until they take a picture of everybody around a West Virginia state line sign. I've wondered where you've been. News about the rock stack. I'm able to stand 5 now. Next goal is 6. A desktop toy like one of those pendulum things that draws geometric lines in sand. The pendulum thing gets boring in a hurry. Stacking rocks is always challenging and in new ways every time. Congratulations to you and husband for being Parents of the Year in my own personal assessment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks TJ!!! I've been missing you! Great job on the rocks - I need to create my own station beside my computer and see how high I can go :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traveling is like breathing in a different and more expansive way! What a journey to take with your family and friends!

    ReplyDelete