Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Should-free Zone

Dear friends,

Day 2: release


Today's prompt comes from Kat's dear friend and mentor, Max Daniels:

What unfinished projects from 2014 am you willing to release now? (Regret not required.)

As I pondered this question while juicing this morning I couldn't come up with any specific unfinished project.
I'm sure they are present; however, since they are out of sight and currently out of mind let's let them rest a bit longer.

The one thing that did pop into my thoughts - I want to release the word "should" from my life.  It's what I think about surrounding any project.  I "should" have done this....I "should" have done that.

should
[ SHo͝od ]

verb

  1. used to indicate obligation, duty, or correctness, typically when criticizing someone's actions:
    "he should have been careful"
  2. used to indicate what is probable:
    "$348 million should be enough to buy him out"
Powered by OxfordDictionaries · © Oxford University Press


I want to quit "should-ing" all over myself.



Some of the tools I often use with myself and clients are affirmations so as I write this blog this morning this is the tool I'm choosing to address this issue:

 I am willing to release all negativity and "shoulds" from my life.  I am happy with the present and I will continue to be kind to myself and others.

Wrapping you around with infinite love and acceptance,

Christine 

P.s.

One of my favorite Christmas decorations is a macaroni tree I made in the 4th? grade.  I gave it to my mom.  Once I had my own house and she stopped decorating for Christmas she gave it back to me.  It makes me smile every year:
 
 

13 comments:

  1. I LOVE HOW YOU WERE GIFTED BACK YOU MACARONI TREE.
    YOUR AFFIRMATION HOLDS MAGICAL POWER. BEAUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Macaroni tree . . . love it. I'd like to kick the word 'should' to the curb too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Reverb14 and love your thoughts on todays prompt! Also love your affirmation and that macaroni tree ROCKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh what power in releasing shoulds! And what fun in macroni trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm-hmm! For years I have been practicing saying "want to" instead of "should" or "have to" or "need to." (It's definitely an act of practicing and self-correction!) The prompt for today speaks to me, too, because I'm considering "release" for my Word of the Year for 2015 ... still pondering. I'm glad to see that people are Reverbing again this year. I think it can be a valuable exercise! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine! You are so special! Thank you for the affirmation.... I am willing to release all negativity and "shoulds" from my life. I am happy with the present and I will continue to be kind to myself and others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. or as I have heard it ...

    don't should on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! Release those shoulds.
    And we should all have a macaroni tree, methinks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a phrase I use a lot and a timely post as I find myself reflecting over the past year in my business and making decisions about what to bring into 2015. There are things I say are important to me but I haven't done anything with them...I am ready to release those that really aren't important and to step up in the areas I choose to keep. Feels good to be intentional moving into the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your macaroni tree has me grinning. I've got a painting that I made for my mom in grade one that she framed. Every time I look at it I bless her for loving me enough to frame it.
    I'm working on deleting "but" from my vocab and subbing it with words like "and" and "however" ... Somehow leaves me feeling more positive.

    ReplyDelete