Wednesday, December 3, 2014

#Reverb14- Loving what is...

Dear friends,

Photo and Haiku by Janice Schuster

Day 3: loving what is


It’s all too easy to put off loving where we are until everything is perfect. What can you love about where you are now?


Ooooh I love this prompt.  Ya'll know I'm into gratitudes and singing about loving life!

As I sit at my computer and  think about all the things I could share I take a moment to breath in and breath out.

I could talk about my kids, family and friends,
Christmas decorating at the Gautreaux's 2014

I could talk about the beautiful place that I live,

Fall in Atlanta, GA

  but I think what I will talk about today is that I love my body's health and ability to move.

Is it perfect, no?  Is it good, yes!

 Six years ago I started training for my first triathlon.  I was 2 years away from 40 and on a path to Diabetes since it ran in my family and I was not doing what I needed to to take care of my health. 


1st Tri before the swim!




Since that time I've completed a handful of races including 5k's, a couple of sprint triathlons and an Olympic distance triathlon.  I learned to swim so I could "tri" and my body was delighted.

For 6 years I have consistently exercised.  I walk with friends, Zumba with my husband, Joe, jog with friends and cycle.  When I'm training for a race I swim.  

The Gold Medal I won for my division in an Olympic Tri on my 43rd Bday


We also have spontaneous dance parties :) in the kitchen and go dancing on date nights. 

I haven't been running much this year so when we popped out for a two mile family run Thanksgiving day I was slow as a turtle but I was able to complete it - that is loving where I'm at. 



Thanksgiving 2014

This past year I've also been doing lots of InterPlay.  Yahoo for Movement.  Double yahoo for movement that connects up the body, mind and spirit connection!

I've also completely changed the way that I eat. I eat things that my body loves and pay attention when it tells me that something is not working. 

Wrapping you around with infinite love and playful movement,

Christine

P.s.

One of the brand new ornaments on the tree this year painted by the talented Joe Gautreaux at Eye Candy Art Studio when we were prepping for the Norcross Empty bowls event that I wrote about here: Creating Week in Review

 




12 comments:

  1. You're amazing and congratulations for completing the run. I've done a bit of running myself, so I know how hard it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tat! Yep those first 1-2 runs back are always the painful ones due to how slow I am and my body remembering that it loves to run :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine I could write a book about all of the things I love about you! Love that you are embodied and loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all for spontaneous dance parties!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How inspiring Christine! And how fun to have spontaneous dance parties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah - They are super fun! My youngest (12) just got a part in school play in the dance ensemble and totally credited it to our crazy dancing :)

      Delete
  7. This post is positively bursting with love, Christine! It's a delight to read.
    So lovely to see you again. Glad to see life is treating you well. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat! I'm glad to be participating in Reverb again! Life has been sweet this year!

      Delete