Monday, August 4, 2014

Creating the last day of "summer"

Dear Friends,
Played Chicken Foot Dominoes this summer!

Tomorrow the kids in Gwinnett County, GA go back to school - Yes we go back at the beginning of August- Crazy I know!  

We always love it when we are getting out of school mid May when the weather is gorgeous and we are skipping about outside in Glee.  Now, not so much.

Cool bug on my front porch this morning


Today we ran a few last minute school supply errands, checked and double checked the list for the 12 yr old (she's an organized planner and we missed two things) and then headed to the lake to meet up with friends "one last time."


Sammie peeking around her new book bag!





 We're settling in for the night early tonight.  Lights are low, Sammie is practicing her bass, Alex is reading, Joe puttering and I'm about to hit publish so I can head off to dream land.

It's always bittersweet to see the summer time end.  I will enjoy getting back into my "regular" routines but I will miss the relaxed laid back days that only summer time can bring.

Wrapping you around with infinite love and summer breezes,

Christine


Berkeley Lake with friends


 

No comments:

Post a Comment